Project Type: Architecture
Location: Montgomery, OH
Size: 79,900- sf
This multi-award winning educational facility serves 575 K-4 students in a bright and open environment that maximizes natural light and reflects the history and personality of the community. The focal point of the main entry integrates a historic bell and arched dedication stone from the school built on the same site in 1899. Within, the school has a cafetorium, centrally located media center, controlled access main entry vestibule, gymnasium, art and music rooms, and 26 classrooms.
The design solution for a multi-story building on the existing 5.5 acre site proved more cost effective than alternative options of renovating or securing buildable land elsewhere. However, the tight site left a mere 22 feet between the new and existing schools and required heightened safety precautions and careful phasing.